I have over 14 years of experience in software development. Six years with Ruby on Rails.
I'm spoke at this years RailsConf, the largest conference for Ruby on Rails developers.
While working for Zvents.com, I doubled the number of events indexed year over year. We were then acquired by Stubhub.
While consulting with Manilla.com, I implemented an in-app CMS that allowed product managers to update the site directly. This saved hundreds of engineering hours. We won the Webby Award and the People’s Voice Award for Best Banking/Bill Paying Website. We were named one of PC Mag’s top 100 sites of 2012.
I've turned down a contract from Twitter because I was too busy with client work.
I love making great software. Let me help you.
Interested? Contact Me
Open Source Work
- Turkee - Eases the integration between Amazon's Mechanical Turk service and Rails based applications. Featured in Ruby5. 90 Github stars and 3,000+ downloads.
- VersionCake - An unobtrusive way to version APIs. Supports graceful degradation to ensure backwards compatibility. Also featured in Ruby5 and Ruby Weekly. Over 170+ Github stars. Co-authored with friend Ben Willis.
- rails - Added X-Content-Type-Options to the header defaults.
- rails/jbuilder - Added support for hashes for the extract! method.
- mechanize - Option to allow for the saving of the session cookie.
RailsConf, 2013"No Traffic, No Users, No Problem!"
San Francisco Ruby Meetup"Mechanical Turk; the new Santa's Elves"
New York City Ruby on Rails Users Group"Jim Jones and the Turkee Gem" (Audio)
San Francisco Ruby on Rails Users Group"Q&A with David Heinemeier Hansson"
Moderated the Q&A session with David Heinemeier Hansson, the creator of Ruby on Rails. We discussed the future of Rails Views, PJAX, and his thoughts on Backbone.js. Meetup received a 5 star rating. Video of Meetup session :
61 Lisbon St.
San Francisco, CA
Let's meet for coffee and discuss your current project. I'm confident that I can bring senior level expertise that will positively impact your bottom line.