It's Difficult Finding Senior Rails Talent
You and I both know that finding senior level Ruby on Rails engineers in the Bay Area is a difficult task.
I have over 16 years experience in software development. Nine years with Ruby on Rails (since October 2005, pre-1.0!).
I presented at last years RailsConf, the largest conference for Ruby on Rails developers.
I turned down a contract from Twitter because I was too busy with client work.
While working for Zvents.com, I doubled the number of events indexed year over year.
While at Manilla.com, I developed CMS that allowed product managers to update the site directly, saving hundreds of engineering hours.
- Turkee - Eases the integration between Amazon's Mechanical Turk service and Rails based applications. Featured in Ruby5. 114 Github stars and 3,000+ downloads.
- VersionCake - An unobtrusive way to version APIs. Supports graceful degradation to ensure backwards compatibility. Also featured in Ruby5 and Ruby Weekly. Over 275+ Github stars. Co-authored with friend Ben Willis.
- rails - Added X-Content-Type-Options to the header defaults.
- rails/jbuilder - Added support for hashes for the extract! method.
- mechanize - Option to allow for the saving of the session cookie.
RailsConf, 2013"No Traffic, No Users, No Problem!"
San Francisco Ruby Meetup"Mechanical Turk; the new Santa's Elves"
New York City Ruby on Rails Users Group"Jim Jones and the Turkee Gem" (Audio)
San Francisco Ruby on Rails Users Group"Q&A with David Heinemeier Hansson"
Moderated the Q&A session with David Heinemeier Hansson, the creator of Ruby on Rails. We discussed the future of Rails Views, PJAX, and his thoughts on Backbone.js. Meetup received a 5 star rating. Video of Meetup session :
Interested? Let's talk.
When you contact me, I will respond within 24 hours with a copy of my resume, references, and times that I am available within the next five days to meet.